Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome to NutMeg

Here's an introduction ... I'm the mother of 3:

  • Uno is clearly a teenager inhabiting the body and mind of my not-quite-11-year-old daughter.
  • Dos is my sweet, quirky, rambunctious, and cleverly deceptive 8-year-old son.
  • Tres is my brand-new, yet-to-be-corrupted by me and the world, happy and easy-going, 6-month old daughter.

And before you get too excited, no, I did not actually name my children with Spanish numbers in honor of their respective birth orders. But there is no way in hell I would ever post their names on the Net so this is how I will refer to them here.

I'm the wife of one amazing, supportive, and overall incredible man. Believe it or not, it is possible to marry the guy you met in 8th grade and live happily ever after, we're living proof.

I am also an attorney who deliberately chose not to ever really be an attorney. Huh? Well, I went to law school, took the bar, and I'm admitted but I knew from the start that I didn't want to be a litigator so I am happily working for a not-for-profit and loving every minute of it.

I am also, like a lot of Moms, struggling to juggle the satisfaction I find in my professional life with the love I have for my family and my constant fear that I am setting them up with a fantastic litany of screw ups for my kids to discuss over coffee when they come back home for Christmas in about 20 years.

Is it even possible to live the life I dream about -- where I am successful in business but also a completely awesome mom who never forgets about a birthday party and has a spic and span abode? I don't know, but if it is, I'm far from it.

So, I'm starting this blog to comiserate with other Moms. To talk about the intelligent stuff I want to talk about that has nothing to do with the latest freakishly odd electronic toy for infants or the next Disney movie. I want to hear from other Moms out there who are struggling with the same things I am. Welcome and I look forward to talking with you!

NutMeg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nutmeg!

Thanks for all your great comments on my blog. It is nice to finally "meet" you!

I found your description of yourself to be interesting since I too went to law school, took the bar, was admitted and then quit law! I ended up as a professional pilot and flight instructor, but now I "just" stay home with my three (also girl-boy-girl). As you can imagine, I live the good life, spending all day lying on the sofa and eating bonbons. LOL!

Happy blogging! I look forward to reading more.